Press "Enter" to skip to content

Political Science Students Win Awards at Research Expo

Two political science majors were among the six award winners at the College of Liberal Arts’ first annual Undergraduate Research Expo. Atticus Finch won second place for his talk on “Sovereign Immunity in the Early Republic.” Cache Douglas won second place for her poster presentation on African-American voting. Majors Patrick Moloney and Alondra Saucedo were also among those selected to present posters.

Cache Douglas described the expo as “an amazing experience” and added that “hearing the array of research topics was exciting and very informative.” She particularly thanked the department’s Dr. Hyun Yun and Associate Dean Aimee Roundtree for their assistance and encouragement.

“I think there’s something validating about presenting months’ worth of research to an engaged, interested, and well-informed audience,” observed Atticus Finch. “That’s a good feeling to cap off the end of my undergraduate career and start my transition to law school (UT Law – Hook ‘Em Horns!). My favorite part was definitely taking audience questions – it really showed just how interested the audience was.”

The purpose of the expo was to showcase the research accomplishments of the college’s undergraduate students.